I teach a variety of courses and direct senior theses in the Department of History and American Studies at the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, Virginia. I have found that the best teaching is highly collaborative, so I am happy to share my syllabi and read others’. Please contact me if you’d like to discuss these courses.
- History 131: US History to 1865
- History 297: History Colloquium
- History 298: History Practicum
- History 485: Historical Research
First Year Seminars
- FSEM 100: History that Didn’t Happen
- History 202HN: First-Year Seminar in American History: Good, Bad, and Ugly American Tourists
Chronologically Organized Upper Division Courses
- History 304: Civil War
- History 318: American Revolution
- History 319: Early American Republic
Thematically Organized Upper Division Courses
- History 310: U.S. Urban History
- History 326: History of Manhood in the U.S.